Thursday, September 10, 2015

Reflection on "There's No Such Thing As Good Writing"


Revision is the part of the writing process I am the absolute worst at. It's not that I can't take feedback or criticism, it's just that once I've written something I read it over and over maybe change a few words but by that time I can feel it's rhythm, the way it reads. I get attached to that particular draft. When I read what Graves said about "there is only good rewriting" I immediately thought oh god no I couldn't do that. For someone who can hardly delete one word from a stanza, it just seemed way too drastic. Since then, however, I have given his ideas more thought and I think it's a concept I could really draw something from, and maybe I'll let myself edit more than spelling errors and bad rhymes.

No comments:

Post a Comment